Introducing the Calogero Society for Youth Justice
The Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights is inviting social justice-minded lawyers to join our Calogero Society for Youth Justice. The Society honors former Chief Justice Pascal Calogero Jr., a long-serving member of the Louisiana Supreme Court and staunch advocate for children’s rights. This collective seeks to build upon his legacy by engaging the next generation of legal advocates to defend the constitutional rights of children in the juvenile justice system.
The Society brings together lawyers from across the state to support the Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights in its work to ensure that all children in Louisiana have access to meaningful legal representation. Society membership includes opportunities to grow professionally, develop new skills, network, and lend voice to Louisiana’s most vulnerable children.
Join us, and through your monthly support, become part of the next legal generation standing up for children’s rights.
The Calogero Society offers members a variety of opportunities to make an impact in the lives of justice system-involved children, both on the direct service and system reform levels.
- Networking – The Society hosts exclusive members-only events. Members will also be invited to LCCR’s annual Celebration for Children’s Rights.
- Activism – We encourage member participation in our juvenile justice reform actions at both the local and statewide levels. Click here for a list of our current reform priorities.
- CLE Credits – Members will be given exclusive opportunities to earn CLE credits in trainings on topics such as post-disposition representation, preparing a motion to modify, and reintegration planning.
- Pro Bono Service – Members will be given exclusive opportunities to be trained and represent children in real cases.
- Recognition – Members will be recognized on LCCR’s Calogero Society website, in our Celebration for Children’s Rights program, and through an annual ad in the Louisiana Bar Journal.